How Can I Delete Virus From My Computer Without Antivirus?
A Virus is a harmful program that infects your system data and makes your device vulnerable to threats. To keep your device protected from such viruses or malware, you need to install an Antivirus software. In some cases, the Antivirus software itself might become infected by unknown threats. During these situations, you have to install a new Antivirus software or remove the viruses manually from your computer. If you have trust issues with third-party software, then you can proceed with the manual steps in removing the virus-infected files from your computer. Refer to the steps given below how can I delete a virus from my computer without antivirus.
Using the Command Prompt app on a Windows computer:
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type cmd in the search panel.
- Step 2:From the search result, give a right-click on the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- Step 3:In the Command Prompt window, type the drive letter in which you suspect the virus is present.
- Step 4:Press the Enter key and enter the attrib -s -h *.* /s /d command.
- Step 5:Press Enter and type dir in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 6:Hit the Enter key to display the content of the selected directory.
- Step 7:Select the harmful files and enter the command del filename to remove the selected files (virus-infected files) from your computer.
- Step 8:Use the following steps how can I delete a virus from my computer without antivirus.
Using the Windows Task Manager:
- Step 1:Launch Windows Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut keys.
- Step 2:Click the Processes tab and identify the virus-related process running on your computer.
- Step 3:Click the End task button and open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Step 4:Type MSConfig in the Run panel and click the OK button.
- Step 5:Navigate to the Service tab and deselect the service that is infected by the virus.
- Step 6:Click the Apply button followed by OK to save the applied settings.
- Step 7:If the computer still malfunctions, remove the recently installed apps and software from your computer.
- Step 8:By following these steps how can I delete a virus from my computer without antivirus.