Fix Sound Problems In Windows 10
“Are you facing audio problems on your computer?” If yes, continue reading this page to know how to fix sound problems in Windows 10.
Troubleshooting sound problems in Windows 10
Method 1: Unmute the volume
- Step 1:As the first step of troubleshooting the sound problem, check the volume status in the taskbar of your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2:If you find the “Volume Mute” icon in the taskbar, click on it to expand the volume panel.
- Step 3:Now, click on the Speaker icon to unmute the volume.
- Step 4:After unmuting the volume, check whether the sound problem is fixed on your Windows 10 computer. If not, perform the next method.
Method 2: Using the correct audio output
- Step 1:If you have added more than one speaker, check whether the correct one is selected.
- Step 2:To check it, click on the Volume icon again in the taskbar.
- Step 3:Now, click on the up arrow to view the list of audio devices connected to your computer.
- Step 4:Select the audio driver that you wish to use.
- Step 5:Check whether the sound problem is fixed. If not, try method 3.
Method 3: Running the audio troubleshooter
- Step 1:Click on the Search field available in the taskbar of your computer.
- Step 2:Type the following command “audio troubleshooter” and tap Enter.
- Step 3:Now, from the list of suggestions, select the following option, “Fix and find problems with playing sound.”
- Step 4:Click Next.
- Step 5:On the Playing Audio screen, select the audio output thatwith which you’re facing the problem and click Next.
- Step 6:Troubleshoot the audio problems by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Method 4: Checking the connection
- Step 1:Sometimes, an improper connection can also lead to sound problems.
- Step 2:Check whether the speaker cable and other important cables are connected securely at the ends.
- Step 3:If not, unplug and reconnect the cables.
Method 5: Modifying the sound settings
- Step 1:Open the Volume Mixer window by selecting and right-clicking on the Speaker icon.
- Step 2:If you find that Speakers is muted, unmute it.
- Step 3:Now, check whether Speaker is disabled on your computer.
- Step 4:To do so, open the Settings screen and select the System option followed by Sound.
- Step 5:Now, the Sound screen displaying the audio devices connected to your computer will open.
- Step 6:Select your audio device from the list.
- Step 7:Click Device Properties and check if the Disable option is selected. If yes, unselect it.
Method 6: Updating the audio drivers
Sometimes, the outdated audio drivers can also lead to sound problems on your Windows 10 computer. Check and update the audio drivers by following the instructions given below.
- Step 1:Open the Device Manager window.
- Step 2:You need to expand the following Sound video and game controllers section.
- Step 3:Select your audio driver from the list and right-click on it.
- Step 4:Click the Update driver option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Contact us by just click the call button if none of the methods fix the sound problems in Windows 10.