Eset Nod32 Firewall
The ESET NOD32 antivirus software is compatible with the Windows Operating System. To use the Firewall feature of the ESET NOD32 antivirus, you need to enable it. When you run the ESET firewall on a Windows computer, it will deactivate the in-built firewall on your Windows computer. To know more about the ESET NOD32 firewall, follow the quick steps mentioned below.
ESET FIREWALL SETTINGS
CHANGING NETWORK CONNECTION FIREWALL SETTING
- Step 1:Go to the main window of the ESET Smart Security program.
- Step 2:Click SetupNetwork ProtectionConnected NetworkPublic Network.
- Step 3:To change it from the public to the private network, select the Home or Office Network option.
DISABLING NETWORK CONNECTION FOUND NOTIFICATIONS
- Step 1:Once you launch the ESET Smart Security program, move to the Advanced Settings window by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard.
- Step 2:Select Network ProtectionFirewallKnown Networks
- Step 3:Choose either the Use Windows Setting option or the Mark as Public option.
- Step 4:Select the OK button to close the Advanced Setup window.
DISABLE ESET NOD32 FIREWALL
When you want to disable the ESET firewall, proceed with the quick instructions given below.
- Step 1:Launch the ESET Smart Security main interface on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Setup option on the left-hand side of the screen and then click it to open the Setup window.
- Step 3:On the main panel, click the Network Protection link to view the Network Protection window.
- Step 4:Turn off the toggle switch next to the Firewall option.
- Step 5:As soon as you see the Disable Firewall? window, select Disable for 10 minutes, Pause for 30 minutes, Pause for 1 hour, or Pause for 4 hours from the drop-down menu to turn off the firewall feature over a particular duration.
- Step 6:To turn off the firewall permanently, select the Disable Permanently option from the appropriate drop-down menu.
- Step 7:Click the Apply button in the Disable Firewall window for disabling the ESET NOD32 firewall.
- Step 8:When you see any prompt message window on the screen, select the Yes button.
- Step 9:Close the ESET Smart Security program.
ESET NOD32 FIREWALL EXCEPTION
You can add a firewall exception using the Troubleshooting wizard or Interactive mode.
- Step 1:In the ESET Smart Security main interface, find the Setup tab on the left panel and select it.
- Step 2:Select Network ProtectionTroubleshooting Wizard to open the Firewall Troubleshooting window.
- Step 3:In the Troubleshooting window, you will see the application or program that was recently blocked by the ESET firewall.
- Step 4:Click the Unblock button beside the application for which you need to add an exception.
- Step 5:Select the Yes button followed by the Done button.
- Step 6:If you want to add another program or application to the ESET NOD32 firewall exception list, select the Unblock Another button instead of the Done button.
- Step 1:As soon as you open the main interface of the ESET Smart Security program, press the F5 key on the computer’s keyboard.
- Step 2:This will open the Advanced Setup window.
- Step 3:In the Advanced Setup window, select Personal Firewall.
- Step 4:Select the plus icon beside the Advanced option on the main panel.
- Step 5:Select the Interactive Mode option from the Filtering Mode drop-down menu. Click OKYes.
- Step 6:Access the application or program that has been blocked by the ESET firewall.
- Step 7:Select Create rule and remember permanentlyAllowYes.
- Step 8:Move to the Automatic modeAdvanced mode.
- Step 9:Select Network ProtectionFirewallAdvancedAllowed Services.
- Step 10:Check all the checkboxes are selected and then select the OK button.
- Step 11:After creating the rule, select the Automatic Mode option from the Filtering Mode drop-down list.