How To Fix The Eset Antivirus Not Updating?
Scenario 1 - If you see the ‘Modules update failed’ or ‘Product update failed’ message on the screen, proceed with the troubleshooting instructions given here how to fix the Eset antivirus not updating.
- Step 1:Check if an active internet connection is available on your computer that has the ESET Antivirus program installed.
- Step 2:Go to the taskbar on your Windows computer and click the ESET icon.
- Step 3:This will open the main window of the ESET Antivirus program on the Windows computer.
- Step 4:To open the Advanced Setup window, press the F5 key on the keyboard.
- Step 5:Select the Update option on the left panel and click the plus icon next to Basic.
- Step 6:Go to the Clear Update Cache field, select the Clear option, and click the OK option in the Advanced Setup window.
- Step 7:Make sure to restart the Windows computer before you proceed with the following steps.
- Step 8:In the main window of the ESET Antivirus program, click the Update option and select the Check for Updates option at the bottom-left corner.
- Step 9:Check if the ESET Antivirus program not updating problem has been resolved.
- Step 10:If not, uninstall the ESET Antivirus program and then reinstall it on the Windows computer.
Scenario 2 - If the ‘error downloading update file’ message appears on the screen, refer to the steps mentioned below how to fix the Eset antivirus not updating.
- Step 1:After opening the ESET Antivirus program, press the F5 key on the keyboard and click Update -> Clear.
- Step 2:This will clear the update cache of the ESET Antivirus program.
- Step 3:Try to update the ESET antivirus program and check if the issue is resolved.
- Step 4:If not, delete the update files as per the instructions provided here.
- Step 5:Launch the ESET Antivirus program and open the Advanced Setup by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard.
- Step 6:Go to the Antivirus section, click the HIPS option, and remove the checkmark next to the Enable HIPS and Enable Self-defense options.
- Step 7:Go to the File Explorer Options dialog window, click the View tab, and select the radio button beside the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option.
- Step 8:After clicking the Apply option in the File Explorer Options window, delete all the contents in the Updfiles and Charon folders.
- Step 9:Now, you have to enable both the HIPS and HIPS Self-Defense features.
- Step 10:By using these steps we can execute that how to fix the Eset antivirus not updating.