How To Install And Setup Escan Antivirus
Installing the eScan antivirus on your Windows computer is simple. Just refer to the guidelines in this article, which will help you install and set up the eScan easily and quickly.
Now, ensure that you meet the following requirements before you begin installing the eScan.
- Step 1:Make sure that you’ve logged in with administrator privileges on your computer.
- Step 2:Ensure that you uninstall any antivirus that has been installed already. So, just ensure that there is no antivirus installed on your computer.
- Step 3:While installing the eScan, ensure that you’ve connected the computer to an active Internet connection.
- Step 4:Also, make sure that your computer is free of virus threats and is ready to install the eScan.
Installing and setting up the eScan antivirus
Place the eScan installation disc into the CD/DVD drive of your computer. The setup screen pops up automatically. When you see the setup screen, you need to click the Install option and perform the further on-screen instructions. Wait until the installation process takes place.
On your computer, just navigate to the System tray. You’ll see the eScan Red Shield icon in the System tray area. You need to right-click on it. Check the following options.
You’ll have to choose the required option to perform further tasks. The available options are:
- Step 1:Open eScan Protection Center
- Step 2:Pause Protection
- Step 3:Enable Gaming mode
- Step 4:Scan My Computer
- Step 5:Update now
- Step 6:View Current Network Activity
- Step 7:System Information
- Step 8:Virtual Keyboard
- Step 9:eScan Remote Support
- Step 10:About eScan
- Step 11:Choose one of the preferred options mentioned above and perform the further on-screen instructions to activate the license key.
- Step 12:Launch the eScan application on your Windows computer.
- Step 13:You need to click the License Information link that is located on the Welcome screen.
- Step 14:Click Continue and perform the registration process. Since you are activating it for the first time, you need to click the I want to activate online option. Next, click the Activation process, and your eScan will be activated according to the duration that you’ve applied for. Additionally, you can also activate the eScan offline.
Configure using the Settings menu of your eScan antivirus
Using the modules of eScan, you need to verify the settings. What are they? In every section, you’ll find some modules, such as File antivirus, Mail antivirus, Anti-Spam, and Web & Parental Control. These sections will help you fix different settings that you want.
- For instance, if you are choosing File antivirus, you need to check if the system is not affected by any threats. Save reports, back up and restore, access some permissions and ensure that you follow these guidelines. Additionally, if you are using the Anti-Spam option, you need to check the detailed settings for filtering emails. And also, you’ll have to check if the disclaimer for outgoing and incoming emails is added.
You’re done with the eScan antivirus installing process. Ensure that you follow the steps as described above.