Solved: Error Code win 1639 ESET
When you try to update your ESET program on the computer, the error 1639 stating “invalid command line argument” occurs, which prevents the ESET installation. The causes of the error code win 1639 ESET and the solutions to fix it are discussed below;
- Step 1:The error 1639 is fundamentally caused by the corrupted files of the Windows operating system.
- Step 2:Incomplete installation of a program and improper deletion of system files leads to the Windows error 1639.
- Step 3:The presence of virus or malware in the Windows system files causes the error and hinders the operations of the device.
- Step 4:The working of the ESET application gets disrupted due to incorrect registry files corresponding to the ESET software.
Performing a restoration on the device restores the Windows computer system to the original state before the error occurs. Use the steps below to restore the system;
- Step 1:Restart the computer and log on to the system using the administrator account.
- Step 2:On the desktop, click the Start icon and then select All Programs.
- Step 3:Find the Accessories menu and click the System Tools option. Now, select System Restore.
- Step 4:In the System Restore window, click the Restore my computer to an earlier time menu and select Next.
- Step 5:The different restore points are listed, choose the recent restore point and select Next to proceed.
- Step 6:When the Windows system prompts you to confirm the action, click Next and wait till restoration is done.
- Step 7:Then restart the Windows computer and see if the error code win 1639 ESET has been fixed.
Run Windows Installer:
- Step 1:Select the Start icon. If you find the Run menu, click on it; otherwise, go to the next step.
- Step 2:Click the Search icon on the desktop, type “Run” in the Search box, and press Enter.
- Step 3:When the Run dialog box appears, enter “unreg,” and proceed next to unregister the Windows installer.
- Step 4:Once again, open the Run dialog box, enter “regserver,” and press Enter to register the windows installer again.
Change Windows Installer settings:
- Step 1:When you type “services.msc” in the Search bar, the suggested results appear on the screen.
- Step 2:Right-click on the Windows Installer option and choose Properties.
- Step 3:From the Startup type menu, select Automatic from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4:Now, click the Apply and OK button to save the settings.
- Step 5:Next, restart the Windows computer and then verify whether the error is gone.
Use System File Checker:
- Step 1:The System File Checker tool on the computer helps to scan the corrupt and incorrect system files and replaces it with the original version of the system file.
- Step 2:On the desktop, search for the Command Prompt program by typing “cmd” in the Search box.
- Step 3:Now, right-click the Command Prompt menu that appears after searching and select Run as an administrator.
- Step 4:If you have not signed in to your administrator account, enter the password for the administrator account to log in.
- Step 5:In the Command Prompt window, input the command “sfc /scannow” and then press the Enter key.
- Step 6:After the system scans for the corrupted files, check if the error code win 1639 ESET get fixed; otherwise, use the System Restore tool.