How To Disable Kaspersky Antivirus
Sometimes an installation program requests you to disable your antivirus software. The reason is that the antivirus software has difficulty determining whether the program you are installing is a legitimate program or not, as viruses can quickly take over your computer’s storage system. Apart from this, most Mac users complain that the Mac OS performance slows down when having the antivirus running in the background. That’s why you may wish to temporarily disable Kaspersky antivirus to see the results on your computer’s performance.
Things To Remember:
- Step 1:Disable your Kaspersky antivirus program only when installing new programs.
- Step 2:After disabling, make sure you install the programs from a trusted source on the Internet, as many other sites are prone to viruses/malware.
Disabling Kaspersky Antivirus:
- Step 1:Click the Kaspersky antivirus icon from the bottom right of your desktop screen on your Windows computer, or you can directly open the Kaspersky application.
- Step 2:In the Kaspersky application, click on the Settings icon, which is present at the user interface's leftmost bottom.
- Step 3:The application will open the Settings window, which contains General, Protection, Performance, Scan, and Additional menus.
- Step 4:Click on the General menu, which is on the left side of the window. The Protection page opens on the right side of the window.
- Step 5:Turn off the protection and a confirmation menu pops up. Click on continue.
- Step 6:Now you can see that the Kaspersky antivirus has been disabled, which you can confirm on the main page of the application.
- Step 7:In some cases, if you want to enable Kaspersky antivirus, you can follow the same steps that are mentioned above and can enable the antivirus services.
- Step 8:However, the premium version has additional security layers to fend off uncommon and new types of malware compared with the free version of the software.
- Step 9:Click the Call button provided on this web page to get remote assistance to disable Kaspersky antivirus.