Cylance Protect is a software that prevents your system from attacks and other malware. It is based on artificial intelligence and has several features that will help you protect the system properly.
Supported Operating Systems
- Step 1:Cylance Protect software is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Step 2:You can download the software by specifying the OS version you have.
- Step 3:It supports both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Linux systems.
- Step 1:The Cylance Protect will show its status as Offline if the system is not able to connect with the Dashboard.
- Step 2:The connection with the dashboard is required to obtain status updates and policy updates.
- Step 3:Your computer will be protected even if the status is offline.
- Step 4:Check if you are connected properly to the Internet. If there is no Internet connection, then it will go to the Offline mode.
How To Disable Cylance Protect?
- Step 1:Disabling the Cylance antivirus is very simple if you follow the instructions specified here.
- Step 2:Go to the system tray available at the bottom part of the desktop screen and find the Cylance Antivirus icon.
- Step 3:Right-click on it and choose the Exit option from the pop-up list.
- Step 4:Cylance Antivirus is now disabled.
Cylance Memory Protection
- Step 1:Memory Protection provided by Cylance Protect will help you to protect the computer by adding an additional level of protection to the system.
- Step 2:When you access a site or file or folder that has viruses or malware, the memory protection feature will begin its work.
- Step 3:It will access the file even before the virus starts spreading and delivers any one of the responses from the following:
- It will ignore the violation and let you access the file.
- Sends an alert and then allows access.
- Blocks the violation and displays an alert
- It will terminate the process from your computer.
- Step 4:This memory protection feature will function with 32-bit as well as a 64-bit system.
Follow the instructions that are mentioned here for carrying out a silent uninstall process.
- Step 1:Go to the search bar available near the Start menu and type cmd.
- Step 2:When you find the cmd.exe file, right-click on it and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Step 3:Key in msiexec/uninstall cylancePROTECT_x64.msi/quiet and tap the Enter key.
- Step 4:The silent uninstall process will now begin
- Step 1:With Cylance Antivirus, you can set an authentication method or password to confirm the uninstall process.
- Step 2:To set a password for the uninstall procedure, open the Cylance Protect console on your system.
- Step 3:From the Cylance Settings menu, select theApplicationoption.
- Step 4:Choose theRequire Password to Uninstall Agentoption. Enter a password of your choice and proceed to the uninstall process.
Cylance Self Protection Level
- Step 1:The self-protection feature will help you restrict access to the Cylance settings.
- Step 2:If you have set the self-protection level to the maximum, then no user will be able to modify the settings of the software.
- Step 3:The maximum level will offer the highest level of protection for your device.
- Step 4:In case you want to edit the settings or uninstall the Cylance product, then set the protection level to 1.
Cylance Email Protection
- Step 1:Cylance provides protection for your email accounts also.
- Step 2:If you receive any spam mail or attachments that contain a virus, then Cylance will not wait until you open it.
- Step 3:Even before opening the mail, it will identify the potential threat and block the mail and the attachments automatically.
- Step 4:Once blocked, the payload of the attachments will not enter your device.
- Step 5:Even if you open the mail, your system will not download any virus.
Cylance Protect Add Exception
- Step 1:To add an exclusion, follow the steps mentioned in this site.
- Step 2:Initially, sign in to your Cylance account and tap the Settings icon.
- Step 3:Select the Device Policy option and then the Default Policy option.
- Step 4:Choose the Script Control option. Key in the path of the folder to be excluded in the Folder Exclusions column.
- Step 5:If you want to add more paths, then make use of the +button.
- Step 6:Click theSavebutton to store the exclusion you added. Go to the Devices tab and choose your device from the list.
- Step 7:Tap the Assign Policyoption and choose the default policy from the pop-up menu.
- Step 8:Finally, click the Save button.