Cylance Antivirus is a cybersecurity software with AI-based solutions that can detect and prevent threats. This Antivirus software is easy to install, manage, configure, and update. It can update itself with the latest versions and features, eliminating issues caused by outdated software.
Cylance Smart Antivirus Login
Cylance Smart Antivirus login can be done in the following ways.
- Step 1:Once the Cylance Smart Antivirus has been downloaded, a welcome email will be sent to you, which consists of a link.
- Step 2:On clicking the given link, you will be directed to the Account Creation window.
- Step 3:Now, on the next screen, enter your first name and the last name in the respective fields.
- Step 4:Next, enter the email address and then create a strong password for the account.
- Step 5:Once the setup is done, you will automatically be logged into the My Dashboard.
- Step 6:This will direct you to the manufacturer’s site.
- Step 7:Now, log in to the account with the Username and the Password that you had created.
How Does Cylance Antivirus Work?
Cylance is a compact envoy that combines with the older software management system or the Cylance’s own cloud console. The endpoint can recognize and can protect the device from malware with the help of the tested mathematical models in both open and remote networks without the need for the repeated signature updates. The Cylance’s mathematical protection approach disables the execution of malicious codes providing the best protection to the endpoints.
The Cylance is now available for Linux operating system. With memory protection over Linux, the agent protects the device from the exploitation by observing the behaviors on the device that can specify damage. The Application control can be used to lock down the systems so that there can be no changes done additionally. This is advantageous for the Linux servers for a securing environment that does not want a high rate of change.
The Cylance Antivirus performs scan on the Portable Executable files such as the exe, dll, etc. This antivirus does not scan the traditional background threat detection but only the active programs and the file that is kept open. The Cylance antivirus can perform a single initial scan on the drive while the agent is installed for the first time. The Agent can scan the new incoming portable executables and the modified files.
Cylance Smart Antivirus Mac
- Step 1:After creating the login ID, install the Antivirus on the Mac operating system
- Step 2:Now, from the Dashboard, select My Devices and then click Add a Device.
- Step 3:Next, click the Download MacOS DMG button to download the antivirus file.
- Step 4:Now, go to the downloaded location and right-click the downloaded file.
- Step 5:Make sure that you are using a proper installation file on the correct operating system.
- Step 6:Proceed with the installer’s prompts. When prompted, enter the installation token on the installer screen.
- Step 7:Proceed with the installation process.
- Step 8:Once the Cylance installation is done, the device name is added to the My Devices in the Dashboard.
How To Disable Cylance Antivirus?
Perform the following guidelines to disable Cylance-Antivirus.
- Step 1:To disable or block the Cylance on the Mac operating system, access the Terminal in MacOS.
- Step 2:In the Terminal window, run the command below:
Sudo launchctl unload/library/launchdaemons/com.Cylance .agent_service.plist
- Step 3:On doing this, you can easily stop or disable antivirus.
- Step 4:For Windows, go to the Antivirus protection program and select Cylance Antivirus in the Windows notification area.
- Step 5:Search for Cylance Antivirus and right-click the Cylance icon.
- Step 6:Choose the Disable, Stop, Shutdown option.
For issues such as Cylance blocking applications, you can make use of the +App Control feature. This option enables only the proper applications to be whitelisted. If the application prompts you to allow internet access, the antivirus blocks the Internet access for security purpose.
Cylance Never Detects Anything
Execute the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.
- Step 1:First, check whether Antivirus is compatible with the operating system that you are using.
- Step 2:For Windows users, first, right-click the Start menu and then choose Settings.
- Step 3:Now, click the Update & Security option in the settings area.
- Step 4:Next, select Cylance . Click the Turn on Antivirus option.
- Step 5:Make sure that the malware is written to the hard drive.
- Step 6:Once the malware is written to the hard drive, it is quarantined by Cylance .
- Step 7:The copy of the malware file is located in the original location and will not be sent to the quarantine folder.
Perform the following guidelines to uninstall the cylance .
- Step 1:For Windows 7 users, first, click the Start button and then select the Control Panel.
- Step 2:Next, click the Uninstall a program option. Else, you can click the Programs and Features for the Uninstall a program.
- Step 3:Next, choose Cylance from the installed programs.
- Step 4:Now, click the Uninstall button. In case the User Control is enabled, click the Yes option to proceed with the uninstallation process.
- Step 5:Click Uninstall. Once the uninstallation process is done, click the Close option.
- Step 6:For the Windows 8.1 or 10 users, first, right-click the Start icon.
- Step 7:Next, select Apps and Features.
- Step 8:The list of installed programs will appear. Now, choose Smart Cylance Antivirus from the list.
- Step 9:Next, click the Uninstall button at the top of the screen.
- Step 10:When the User Account Control is enabled, click the Yes option to proceed.
- Step 11:In the Modify setup box, click the Uninstall button.
- Step 12:Once the uninstallation process is done, click the Close option.
- Step 13:For the Mac OS X and the macOS users, first, go to the Spotlight Search and then find the Uninstall Cylance Antivirus.
- Step 14:Once the Enter key is pressed, it will prompt you to for the confirmation.
- Step 15:Select Yes in the confirmation window.
- Step 16:Enter the device password and then click the OK button.