How To Fix Bitdefender Antivirus Error 3017?
The Bitdefender antivirus program protects your data from any virus threats and is globally used by many users. Though it is termed to be the best security program, Bitdefender ends up with an error code 3017. It occurs whenever the installation or uninstallation of the software fails or during the repair operation. So, troubleshooting is required to fix this error. Check this post to fix it.
What does the error code 3017 mean?
Apart from the above causes, this error code might also occur due to the pending restart action. If you wish to perform a repair or uninstallation process, you need to perform a restart process. Whenever you continue to repair or install operations, you'll receive the error code 3017 asking you to restart.
Solutions to fix Bitdefender antivirus error 3017:
- Step 1 : Initially, restart your computer. Here's how to do it.
- Step 2 : Click the Windows icon at the bottom of the screen. It opens the Start menu. Now, click the Power button.
- Step 3 : Select Restart. The restarting process starts now. Now, you can check to see if the error code 3017 is fixed or not.
After restarting the computer, make sure that you uninstall and reinstall the security program to avoid the error code 3017 in the future.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the security program:
- Step 1 : Start pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard. It opens the Run dialog box.
- Step 2 : Enter appwiz.cpl in the command box and click OK.
- Step 3 : The Uninstall or change a program window opens now.
- Step 4 : Locate the security program.
- Step 5 : You can now right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Step 6 : On the next screen, click Reinstall. It allows you to reinstall the program again after uninstalling it.
- Step 7 : Now, the uninstallation process takes place. Click Restart device.
- Step 8 : The restarting process starts. After that, the security program will be downloaded.
- Step 9 : To begin the installation process, click Install.
- Step 10 : Finally, click Finish. You can now enjoy using the Bitdefender antivirus program.
You can uninstall the program in the Settings window. Navigate to the Settings menu and click Apps.
- Step 1: In the left navigation bar, select the Apps and features section.
- Step 2: Locate and right-click the security program.
- Step 3: Select Uninstall.
- Step 4: Now, wait until the program gets deleted from your computer. When the security program is uninstalled completely, it disappears from the list.
Download and install the antivirus program from the official Bitdefender website. By doing so, you can avoid the error code 3017 and also any of the other Bitdefender error codes. Try to implement the steps mentioned above.