How to Fix Avira Antivirus error 500
While using an Antivirus Guard on your system, you may encounter various error codes. It can happen during the installation process, during an update, or while scanning your system using the Antivirus program. Avira Antivirus is a highly rated utility for Windows. Error 500 in your Avira Antivirus is an HTTP status code that indicates a corrupted file or a web server that is temporarily unavailable. If you receive the Avira Antivirus error 500, try all the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
Add components in the Modify option
- Step 1:Open the Cortana app. Enter ‘apps’ in the search box.
- Step 2:Open Apps & features. Select Avira Antivirus software listed in the Settings window and click on the Modify option.
- Step 3:The setup maintenance window will appear. Select the Modify option and click Next.
- Step 4:Select all the checkboxes for Avira Antivirus components and click Next.
- Step 5:Now restart your Windows system.
- Step 6:By modifying software setup maintenance, users had fixed the Avira antivirus Error 500. So, you can perform this method as the initial try.
Reinstall your Avira Antivirus software
- Step 1:On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R key simultaneously to launch Run.
- Step 2:In the text box, enter appwiz.cpl and click the OK button.
- Step 3:Select Avira Antivirus and click the Uninstall button. Proceed further to remove the software.
- Step 4:Restart Windows. Now reinstall your Avira Antivirus software.
- Step 5:While reinstalling Avira, ensure it is the latest version. If you install an outdated version, you may face compatibility or installation issues.
- Step 6:Reinstallation will replace all the registry entries and files of Avira Antivirus. It can also help you to Fix Avira antivirus installation issue. It can help you fix the Avira antivirus Error 500 in your Avira Antivirus software.
Examine for conflicting software
- Step 1:Right-click the Windows taskbar and open the Task Manager.
- Step 2:In Task Manager, click Start-up.
- Step 3:In the Start-up menu, remove all the third-party programs by clicking their Disable button.
- Step 4:Now, restart Windows. Then check whether the Avira antivirus error code 500 still pops up in your Avira Antivirus window.
- Step 5:Conflicting software can also be a potential reason behind Error 500. Removing the third-party programs can help you fix the Avira antivirus Error 500.