How To Fix Avira Antivirus Error 1004?
Error codes can happen when there is an issue in the ongoing process. When it comes to the Avira antivirus error 1004, it is a runtime error and can occur without any indications. When you diagnose the exact issue behind the error code, you can quickly sort it out with the proper troubleshooting techniques. The potential reason behind the error code 1004 would be a conflicting program, virus infection, or insufficient storage. The following troubleshooting steps can help you fix the Avira antivirus error 1004.
Close the incompatible programs
- Step 1: If any installed program on your computer turns incompatible with the Avira antivirus software, both programs start to conflict with each other. In the meantime, you would end up with runtime errors.
- Step 2: In that case, you can fix the issue by uninstalling the respective program from your computer.
- Step 3: Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously and open the Task Manager. Close the programs one by one; whenever you close a program, check whether the error code has disappeared. When you identify the exact program that caused the issue, uninstall it from your computer.
- Step 4: If that program is crucial to you, try updating or reinstalling it on your computer and then check whether the error code disappears. If you cannot resolve the error yet, go to the next step.
Fix insufficient storage
- Step 1: When your system runs out of storage, it will start to malfunction. The error code 1004 in the Avira antivirus program might also have occurred due to insufficient memory. In that case, you can fix the issue by going ahead with a disk cleanup.
- Step 2: On your computer, hit on the Start button and navigate to Control Panel. Then, choose the Administrative Tools option and click on Disk Cleanup. Now, select the drive for which you wish to run Disk Cleanup, select the files you want to delete, and click on Clean up system files. As you have finished off clearing the storage, check whether you have resolved your issue.
- Step 1: Virus infection can be considered one of the potential reasons behind the error codes. So, update your virus protection program and then do a thorough scan.
- Step 2: If you find any virus or malware, quarantine it and check whether the issue is solved.
Reinstall the Graphics Driver and update the run time libraries
- Step 1: Bad graphics or outdated runtime libraries can be a significant reason behind the error code 1004 in the Avira antivirus program.
- Step 2: In that case, reinstall the graphics driver, download the latest MS Visual C++ package, and check whether the error code has disappeared.
Try out all the troubleshooting methods mentioned above and fix the issue in no time. If you cannot resolve the problem yet, you can reach out to us.