Avg Pc Tuneup Issues
AVG PC TuneUp is an optimization tool designed for your Microsoft Windows computer. The main task done by this tool is to resolve performance and storage problems on a Windows computer. However, you might face a few issues with this utility. The following are some of those Avg Pc Tuneup issues.
Important Note: The steps on this page will be applicable to the older versions of AVG PC TuneUp, which are explained below:
- Step 1:AVG PC TuneUp (Unlimited devices) that includes AVG PC TuneUp for Windows. It will usually be activated by the AVG account. After you install this tool on your system, you will find a dashboard with the Go to Zen button. This dashboard will also have the Your PC 100% tuned up message, along with the Maintenance, Speed Up, Free Up Space, Fix Problems, and the All Functions options.
- Step 2:AVG PC TuneUp (1-10 computers). This version will be activated using a license number and will have a dashboard without the Go to Zen button. The dashboard will also contain the Your PC is 100% tuned up message, along with the Maintenance, Speed Up, Free Up Space, Fix Problems, and the All Functions options.
Now, let us look in detail into a couple of issues you might encounter with your AVG PC TuneUp tool:
AVG PC TuneUp does not open after installation
In case you are not able to open and run AVG PC TuneUp after installing it on your Windows computer, you can try using the troubleshooting methods given here:
Scanning your computer for malware:
Since malware might be a reason behind the AVG PC TuneUp issues, you have to scan your computer for it. You can make use of the following instructions to do the same:
- Step 1:First, navigate to the AVG Antivirus program on your computer.
- Step 2:Click on the Scan computer button to make sure that your computer is free from malware.
- Step 3:In case AVG Antivirus is able to detect any issue, you need to resolve it. Then, try to open AVG PC TuneUp on your computer once again.
Repairing program installation:
At times, AVG PC TuneUp might not open owing to a corrupted installation. So, please carry out the following instructions to repair your program installation:
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Step 2:Next, select the Programs option and then go to Programs and Features. In case you are using Windows XP, you have to click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Step 3:From the list of displayed programs, please right-click AVG PC TuneUp and then select the Change option.
- Step 4:You will now see a permissions dialog box on your screen. In this dialog box, click on the Yes button.
- Step 5:Next, you have to click on the Repair tile.
- Step 6:Now, you can continue with the on-screen instructions to finish the repair process.
- Step 7:If you see a prompt to restart your computer, please do it now.
The troubleshooting methods explained above should help fix the problem.
If you find that both the methods described above fail to resolve the AVG PC TuneUp issues, then try to uninstall and then reinstall AVG PC TuneUp.
Now, let us look into another problem associated with AVG PC TuneUp on your computer.
The disk check halts mid-progress:
When you are checking your hard disk for errors and then choose the Thorough analysis option, your system will restart. Then, during startup, the disk check will run. In very rare situations, the disk check might halt mid-progress and become unresponsive. This scenario occurs when the checking is at around 27%. To fix this problem, you can make use of the steps given here:
- Step 1:First, you have to be patient and allow up to 2 hours for the disk checking to be completed.
- Step 2:In case you find that the checking is still unresponsive, you need to reboot your computer.
- Step 3:When rebooting is taking place, you might come across a prompt to skip the disk check. The prompt will remain on your screen for just 1 second. Now, you have to keep pressing the SPACE key repeatedly to skip the analysis.
- Step 4:Next, you have to download the CheckDisk mod utility. This action will make sure that AVG PC TuneUp doesn’t try to continue with the disk check the next time you start up your computer.
- Step 5:Now, you need to run the downloaded CheckDisk mod utility. And, click on the Continue button.
- Step 6:You will now see the Work done dialog box on your screen.
- Step 7:The disk check during your system startup is now disabled.
We have discussed a couple of AVG PC TuneUp issues related to the AVG PC TuneUp tool on your Windows computer. We have also seen in detail the troubleshooting methods to fix both these problems.