Avg Issues With Windows 8.1
The AVG antivirus program helps to protect your PC from viruses, spyware, ransomware, and other malicious threats. If you cannot update or re-install the AVG product on your Windows 8.1 computer, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.
Uninstall the AVG product using the AVG Clear tool
- Step 1:Download the setup file of the AVG Clear tool from the official AVG website.
- Step 2:By default, the downloaded setup file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- Step 1:Navigate to the computer’s Downloads folder.
- Step 2:Search for the avgclear.exe setup file, right-click it, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Step 1:If prompted for permission, select the Yes option in the User Account Control dialog box.
- Step 2:If prompted for Windows restart, click No.
- Step 1:When the ‘Welcome to AVG Uninstall Tool’ message appears, check if the installation program, installation data directory, AVG version are correct.
- Step 2:Click Uninstall -> Restart computer.
- Step 3:This will completely remove the AVG product.
- Step 4:Restart your Windows 8.1 computer.
Removing other antivirus programs
- Step 1:If you have installed some other third-party antivirus program, uninstall it from the Windows 8.1 computer.
Re-installing the AVG product on Windows 8.1
- Step 1:Locate the ‘avg_antivirus_free_setup.exe’ file, right-click it, and choose Run as administrator.
- Step 2:If you see the User Account Control prompt box for permission, click Yes.
- Step 1:The default setup language is English. If needed, you can click it and set your desired language.
- Step 2:To make any changes to the default AVG setup, click the Customize link.
- Step 3:Start the installation by selecting the Install option.
- Step 1:Wait until you see the You’re protected message.
- Step 2:Click Continue to complete the AVG installation.
If you have any queries about resolving the AVG issues, click the Call button to contact our technical experts.