How To Fix AVG error code 0XE001F98D?
In the AVG antivirus software, if there are any issues while updating, installing, or running the software, the relevant error message will be displayed on the screen with an error code. The AVG error code 0xe001f98d occurs due to incorrect installation or due to the existence of an old AVG version. This error code could also occur due to other third-party security apps on the system. Most users report that the error occurs when they try to install the AVG free version. Here, we discuss the solutions to fix the AVG error code 0XE001F98D.
Solution-1: Remove the old program
- Step 1:If the error message indicates the trace of an old AVG program, you must remove it first.
- Step 2:Visit the official AVG website from a web browser, go to the Downloads section, and search for the AVG Clear tool.
- Step 3:Download the tool that is compatible with your computer and double-click to run it.
- Step 4:When the User Account Control dialog box appears on the screen, click Yes to continue the installation.
- Step 5:If the Windows safe mode dialog box appears, select No and continue with the process.
- Step 6:In the Clear tool window, select the AVG program which you have to remove and then tick the checkbox of Uninstall AVG ZEN.
- Step 7:Following that, click Uninstall and wait until the process is done.
- Step 8:Restart your computer and then download the AVG remover tool.
- Step 9:Install the remover tool, run the tool to remove the old program successfully, and then install the new AVG antivirus program.
- Step 10:Follow these steps to fix the AVG error code 0XE001F98D.
Solution-2: Update the computer software
- Step 1:If the operating system is not updated, it could also causes the installation error. So it is essential to update the operating system.
- Step 2:On your Windows computer, click the Start icon on the desktop and select the Settings icon.
- Step 3:When the Settings window opens up, click the Update & Security menu and select Windows Update on the next screen.
- Step 4:If you find any updates, proceed to update the system and then retry to install the AVG security tool.
Solution-3: Disable other security programs
- Step 1:If you have any other security program on your Windows computer, make sure to disable it.
- Step 2:Launch the security program interface, then navigate to the settings menu, and turn off the program.
- Step 3:Now, try to install the AVG and if the error persists, then try to uninstall the other security program as mentioned below.
- Step 4:Open the Control Panel on your computer, choose Programs and Features, and select the security program from the list of programs.
- Step 5:Click Uninstall and restart the system once the other security tool has been uninstalled.
If you need a remote assistance to fix the AVG error code 0XE001F98D. Click the call button available on the screen.