The Best Avast Online Security Addon For Chrome
You have the facility of adding extensions of security applications to your browser to increase your privacy and security. Avast Online Security addon for chrome extension that is available for Google Chrome. This extension or add-on for Google Chrome is a standalone, free security software from Avast. You don’t need an Avast license to use it.
The following are the primary functions that the Avast Online Security add-on can perform:
- Step 1:It can identify phishing sites and also block them.
- Step 2:It can prevent you from downloading any malicious software.
- Step 3:The add-on can also block scripts, annoying cookies, and trackers.
The add-on will provide you with a rating shield for every site that you browse.
The following are the different colors of the rating shields and what they indicate:
- Step 1:The Green shield represents a safe site.
- Step 2:The Orange shield represents a potentially unsafe site.
- Step 3:The Red shield means a site that contains dangerous or malicious content.
- Step 4:The Gray shield indicates a site for which the add-on does not have much information.
To make use of the Avast Online Security add-on in Google Chrome, follow the steps given here:
- Step 1:First, install the add-on or extension on your computer.
- Step 2:Once the installation is over, the extension icon will be displayed on Chrome’s extensions tray, which you can find next to the browser’s address bar.
- Step 3:Whenever you visit a new website, the extension icon will change color according to the color guide described above.
- Step 4:The extension will also display a number, which represents how many tracking systems the extension detects.
- Step 5:If you click the extension icon, it will open up the Avast Online Security overlay. Here, you can choose the Privacy option.
- Step 6:Next, you can select or deselect the Automatically block all trackers option, based on your preferences.
We have now discussed the features and usage of the Avast Online Security addon for Chrome.