HOW TO FIX AVAST ANTIVIRUS ERROR 42151?
The Avast error 42151 occurs when you mistype the activation error code. Don’t worry. You can now troubleshoot the problem by following the solutions mentioned in this article.
Here’s how to fix the Avast Antivirus error 42151.
At first, check your activation error code. When you try to activate your Avast product, you need to enter the valid key. If the key is not correct, then you’ll receive an error message. Try to find your activation code to avoid this error.
The activation code is located in the following places:
- Step 1: When purchasing your Avast product, you’ll receive a confirmation email along with the activation code. You can find the activation code in that mail.
- Step 2: You can find the activation code in your Avast account.
- Step 3: When you’ve completed the activation for your Avast product, an activation code is already there in your product. Find and type the correct code to avoid an error message. Here’s how to find the activation code.
- Step 4: On your computer, launch the Avast security program.
- Step 5: Navigate to My Subscriptions and then click on it.
- Step 6: Click Subscriptions on this PC.
- Step 7: Scroll down to locate the activation code.
Try to uninstall and re-install your Avast product:
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, click the Start menu.
- Step 2:Select Apps and Features.
- Step 3:Now, click your Avast security program and then select Uninstall.
- Step 4:You’ll see the security program setup window appearing on the screen.
- Step 5:Now, click Uninstall and then click Yes to confirm the action.
- Step 6:The uninstallation process takes place.
- Step 7:After the successful uninstallation process, you can restart your computer.
You can start installing the Avast product again on your computer. Now, try to activate the security program.
Activating Avast security program:
- Step 1: Open your security program on your computer.
- Step 2: Now, click the three horizontal lines and then select Enter activation code.
- Step 3: Type the activation code and then click Enter.
- Step 4: Now, click the Activate and Install tab to confirm the action.
You’ve now successfully learned how to fix the Avast Antivirus error code 42151.