How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error Code 305
At times, you might face some
Avast Antivirus issues like “Avast not working properly” or “Avast needs to close.” Such issues need your immediate attention and have to be resolved quickly to avoid further complications. One such problem is the Avast error with code 305. The message that is associated with the Avast Antivirus code error 305(that displays on your computer screen) will usually be: ‘Avast Antivirus has a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.’
Causes behind the Avast error 305:
Some of the common reasons behind the popping up of Avast Antivirus error 305 are the following:
- Step 1:Installation of damaged/corrupted Avast Antivirus software on your computer
- Step 2:Improper installation of the Avast Antivirus software.
- Step 3:A poor network connection
- Step 4:Avast Antivirus conflicting with another Antivirus program on your computer
Methods to fix the Avast Antivirus error code 305:
Method 1-Updating the drivers on your computer:
- Step 1:On your computer, go to the Start menu.
- Step 2:Type in “device manager” (without the quotes).
- Step 3:From the list of options that appear, choose Device Manager.
- Step 4:Now, select the Update Driver option.
- Step 5:Next, click on the automatic update driver software.
- Step 6:Finally, click on the Install option.
- Step 7:If this method fails, please move on to the next method.
Method 2-Clearing the junk files:
Please make use of the following steps to get rid of the junk files on your computer:
- Step 1:On your computer, press the Ctrl and the Shift keys at the same time. (This does not work on Win 8)
- Step 2:Press the Enter key. Then, click on the Yes button.
- Step 3:Now, type in “cleanmgr”
- Step 4:Press the Enter key.
- Step 5:Now, select the appropriate checkboxes.
- Step 6:Finally, click on the OK button.
The above two methods should help in resolving the Avast Antivirus error code 305.