How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 42016
Runtime Error 42016 happens when Avast antivirus fails or crashes while it is running. By the way, Avast is a type of antivirus software that protects your device from various malware, viruses, trojans, worms, etc. It is very much compatible with all the latest operating systems and devices. It is also one of the best antivirus software designed for Windows as well as for mobile devices (Android and iOS).
Though Avast antivirus provides many features and functionalities to the end-user, it is still a typical software, and runtime errors are familiar with most of the antivirus software available in the market. This type of error will appear as annoying notifications on your screen unless and until it is handled with the utmost care. So, we will guide you on Avast antivirus error 42016 on your Windows computer in the below steps.
About The Error Code 42016:
- Step 1:The error occurs when the whole antivirus program crashes or fails.
- Step 2:Runtime errors pop up on your computer screen without any prior warning. This is pretty true with the error under discussion.
- Step 3:Error code 42016 can occur due to faulty hardware or software that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Step 4:There might be several signs like: Error code pops up and causes other programs to shut down on your computer.
- Step 5:Your computer runs slower than the usual pace and takes a long time to boot up.
- Step 6:There may be situations when you experience a sudden drop in network speed.
- Step 7:When this error occurs on your computer, the system keeps sending you annoying notifications about it.
- Step 8:These error messages appear in the form of dialog boxes. Sometimes, such dialog boxes get displayed multiple times on your screen.
- Step 9:Overall, the most time-consuming process is finding what is causing the error code 42016.
- Step 10:Once the reason for the error is identified, it will take a few minutes to fix it on your Windows computer.
Step 1 - Updating The Windows Os:
- Step 1:Sometimes, you can easily get rid of the error code 42016 by simply updating the Windows OS to its latest version.
- Step 2:In the Windows Update window, you can see the Windows update version.
- Step 3:Click on the Install Updates option.
- Step 4:Windows will start updating to the latest OS version available for your PC.
- Step 5:Once the update is done, check whether the error message is gone.
Step 2 - Update The Avast Antivirus Software:
- Step 1:If you haven’t updated the Avast antivirus software for a long period, then there are chances for Avast antivirus error 42016 on your PC.
- Step 2:So, you need to update the antivirus program to its latest version.
- Step 3:Connect your PC to a reliable Internet connection.
- Step 4:On your Windows computer, press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run box.
- Step 5:In the search box, type Settings.
- Step 6:Now, go to the Update and Security section.
- Step 7:Navigate to the Program tab.
- Step 8:Locate your Avast antivirus software.
- Step 9:If you see the message Update is available, then update the software by clicking on the Update option.
- Step 10:Once the update is over, restart your system and check whether the issue persists.
Step 3 - Repair The Antivirus Software:
- Step 1:Navigate to the Control Panelon your computer.
- Step 2:In the Control Panel window, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Step 3:Scroll down the page and click on Avast antivirus software.
- Step 4:From the drop-down menu, click on the Repair option.
- Step 5:When the repair is done, reboot your system and check whether the problem persists or is gone.
Step 4 - Remove The Junk Files From Your Browser:
- Step 1: If you do a lot of surfing on your system, your computer might gather some junk files from the web browser. Therefore, it is recommended that you clear out the junk files on a regular basis.
- Step 2: This step will help your system maintain its performance in the long run.
Step 5 - Make Use Of The Windows System File Checker:
The System File Checker is a tool that allows you to check and fix the errors in the Windows file system. Follow these steps to use this tool and fix the current error:
- Step 1: Go to the search panel, type in cmd, and right-click on the search result to open the list.
- Step 2: Choose Run as administrator.
- Step 3: In the Command Prompt window, type the command sfc /scannow and press the Enter key.
- Step 4: Once the scan gets completed, reboot your system.
- Step 5: Now, check whether the Avast antivirus program works fine without displaying any error message on your screen.
Step 6 - Reinstall The Avast Software:
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, go to the Control Panel window.
- Step 2: Select the Programs and Features option. From here, you need to locate the icon for the Avast antivirus software.
- Step 3: Click on the Avast icon.
- Step 4: Click the Uninstall option.
- Step 5: Once the uninstall process is over, restart your system. Reinstall the Avast antivirus software on your computer.
- Step 6: After successful installation, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Step 7 - Reinstall Runtime Libraries:
- Step 1: There are chances for the occurrence of the runtime error due to an improper or incomplete update, like the MS Visual C++ package.
- Step 2: Under Programs and Features, locate the program package and click on Uninstall to remove the package entirely from your Windows computer.
- Step 3: Once the uninstallation is done, reboot the PC.
- Step 4: Now, download the latest available redistributable package from Microsoft and then install the same on your PC.
- Step 5: So, these are the steps that’ll surely help you fix the Avast antivirus error 42016 on your Windows computer.