How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 42010
Avast is a type of antivirus software that protects your device from various malware, viruses, trojans, worms, etc. It is very much compatible with all the latest operating systems and devices. It is one of the best antivirus software designed for Windows as well as mobile devices (Android and iOS devices). Though Avast antivirus provides many features and functionalities to the end-user, it is still a typical software, and runtime errors are familiar with most of the antivirus software available in the market. So, we will guide you on how to fix the Avast antivirus error 42010 on your Windows computer in the next section.
The Error Code 42010:
- Step 1:The error occurs when the whole antivirus program crashes or fails.
- Step 2:Runtime errors happen without any prior warning.
- Step 3:The error code 42010 also indicates faulty hardware or software that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Step 4:There might be several signs like: An error code pops up and causes other programs to shut down on your computer.
- Step 5:You will experience that your computer runs slower than the usual pace and takes a long time to boot up.
- Step 6:There may be situations when you experience a sudden drop in network speed.
- Step 7:When this error occurs on your computer, the system keeps sending you annoying notifications about the error.
- Step 8:These error messages appear in the form of dialog boxes and get displayed multiple times on your screen.
- Step 9:Overall, the most time-consuming process is finding what is causing the problem.
- Step 10:Once the issue is identified, it will take a few minutes to solve the problem.
Method 1 - Update The Avast Antivirus Software:
- Step 1:If you haven’t updated the Avast antivirus software for a longer period of time, then there are chances for the error code 42010 popping up on your system.
- Step 2:So, as quickly as possible, you have to update the antivirus program to its latest version.
- Step 3:Connect your PC to a reliable Internet connection.
- Step 4:On your Windows computer, press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run box.
- Step 5:In the search box, type Settings.
- Step 6:In the Settings window, go to the Update and Security section.
- Step 7:Navigate to the Program tab, where you will find your Avast antivirus software.
- Step 8:If you see the message Update is available, then update the software by clicking on the Update option.
- Step 9:Once the update is over, restart your system and check whether the issue persists or is gone.
Method 2 - Updating The Windows Os:
- Step 1:Sometimes, these errors can be solved by simply updating the Windows OS to its latest version.
- Step 2:In the Windows Update window, you can see the Windows update version.
- Step 3:Click on the Install Updates option.
- Step 4:Now, Windows will start updating to the latest OS version.
- Step 5:Once the update is done, check whether the error is fixed.
Method 3 - Reinstall The Graphics Driver:
- Step 1:If the error code 42010 is related to a bad graphics driver, then follow the below steps.
- Step 2:Open the Device Manager and locate the Graphics Driver menu.
- Step 3:Right-click on the video card driver and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Step 4:Finally, restart your computer.
Method 4 - Reinstall The Avast Software:
- Step 1:On your computer, go to the Control panel window.
- Step 2:Click on the Programs and Features option. From there, you need to locate the Avast antivirus software and click on it.
- Step 3:Click the Uninstall option.
- Step 4:Once the uninstallation process is over, restart your system.
- Step 5:After restarting your system, you have to reinstall the Avast antivirus software on your computer.
- Step 6:Make sure that you install the Avast antivirus software from the official Avast website.
- Step 7:After successful installation, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5 - Repair The Antivirus Software:
- Step 1:Repairing the antivirus software is one of the best initiatives one needs to take on their computer.
- Step 2:In the Control Panel window, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Step 3:Scroll down the page and click on your Avast antivirus software.
- Step 4:From the drop-down menu, click on the Repair option to initiate the repairing process.
- Step 5:Once the repair is done, reboot the system.
- Step 6:Check whether the problem persists or is gone.
Method 6 - Make Use Of The Windows System File Checker:
- Step 1:The System File Checker is a practical tool included in Windows OS and it allows you to check and fix the error in the Windows file system.
- Step 2:Go to the search panel, type cmd, and right-click on the search result to open the list.
- Step 3:Select Run as administrator.
- Step 4:In the Command Prompt window, type the command sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Step 5:Once the scan gets completed, reboot your system.
- Step 6:Now, check whether the Avast antivirus program works fine without displaying any error message on your screen.
Method 7 - Remove The Junk Files From Your Browser:
- Step 1:If you do a lot of surfing on your system, then there is a great possibility that your computer gathers some junk files from the web browser.
- Step 2:So, it is always advised to clean the junk files on a regular basis.
- Step 3:This step will help your system maintain its performance in the long run.
Hopefully, the above-given methods are sufficient to fix the Avast antivirus error 42010 on your device. If you still have doubts about the error code's fixing, you can call our customer care executive to solve the issue.