How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 42000?
Error codes are quite common and they are prevalent in all the software. Fortunately, you need not worry about the error codes, as every error code has a remedy. Through a proper diagnosis, you can witness the underlying cause and easily eradicate the error codes as soon as possible. When it comes to the error code “Avast! Antivirus Error 42000,” it is a run time error and can come up on the screen anytime. You can fix it by following the methods given below.
Close Conflicting Programs
- Step 1:There are some programs that may turn out to be conflicting with your Avast software. You may face the error code while both programs conflict with each other. You need to close the conflicting program to proceed using Avast.
- Step 2:Press the Ctrl, Alt, & Delete keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
- Step 3:Disable the running programs one by one. Whenever you stop a program, check whether the error code had disappeared.
- Step 4:When you identify the program that has caused the issue, better uninstall it from your computer. But if you find that program to be indispensable, try updating and reinstalling that program.
Update Your Virus Protection Program
- Step 1:The run time errors also occur due to virus infection. Update your virus program and do a thorough scan of your computer.
- Step 2:Now check whether the error had disappeared. If not, go ahead to the next step.
Re-Install Runtime Libraries
- Step 1:If you had not updated the MS Visual C++ package, you might end up with error codes. Uninstall the package from your computer.
- Step 2:Download the latest package from Microsoft and reinstall it on your computer.
- Step 1:The Avast error 42000 might have occurred due to insufficient storage on your computer.
- Step 2:Back up your data on an external hard drive and empty the space from the disk.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Control Panel and choose Administrative tools. Click on the Disk Cleanup option. Select the files to be delet4d and click on OK. Now select Delete files.
- Step 4:Now check whether the error code had gone.
Reinstall The Graphics Driver And Reset Your Browser
- Step 1:If the error had occurred due to bad graphics, you could get rid of it only when you update your Graphics Driver.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Device Manager and locate Graphics Driver.
- Step 3:Uninstall it from the computer and reinstall it again.
- Step 4:If the Avast antivirus error 42000 is related to your browser, reset it and check whether you have resolved your error code.