How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 1006?
Avast antivirus is the best antivirus to protecting your system from any unknown threats. But, while performing a certain task, users get stuck with error codes. These error codes may occur when Avast is not responding or not installing. Error 1006 is one among those errors. Here’s how to fix Avast antivirus error 1006.
Solution 1: Incomplete installation
Due to the improper installation of Avast, you’ll get stuck with the error 1006. Try to uninstall and reinstall the Avast system file and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Try removing any registry entry
- Step 1:You can delete the registry entries by using the command line.
- Step 2:Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Step 3:Type cmd and then click OK.
- Step 4:The Command prompt opens now.
- Step 5:You can now type the required command to delete the registry files.
Solution 3: Prepare your computer for the Avast antivirus installation to prevent error 1006
- Step 1:Ensure that your computer meets the following requirements:
- Step 2:Compatible computer with Intel Premium 4 processor
- Step 3:2 GB free space
- Step 4:Optimal standard screen resolution
- Step 5:Ensure that there are no third-party antivirus or other security software installed on your computer.
- Step 6:You should’ve logged into Windows as a user with administrator access.
- Step 7:Always use the latest Avast antivirus setup file to avoid error 1006 during the installation.
- Step 8:Ensure that you uninstall other antivirus software on your computer.
By following the above mentioned instructions, you can avoid the Avast antivirus installation issue on your Windows computer.
Solution 4: Update the drivers
- Step 1:Update your drivers so that you don’t get stuck with the Avast Antivirus error 1006.
- Step 2:On your Windows computer, right-click the icon of your hardware that you want to update.
- Step 3:Click Update Driver.
- Step 4:After updating, restart your system.
- Step 5:You can now check if the problem is resolved or not.