How To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 10050?
Antivirus software helps to detect, protect, and remove malware from your devices. Error codes can appear while running antivirus software. When you run the Avast antivirus software, you may come Avast Antivirus across the error 10050. It may happen due to incompatible software, virus infection, or low memory space.
You need to know the exact cause for the error 10050, and you can quickly sort out this problem by following the simple steps given below.
- Step 1: The Avast antivirus error 10050 can interrupt if you are running the antivirus software and an incompatible software simultaneously on your computer. You need to close the conflicting program.
- Step 2:Press Ctrl, Alt, and Delete simultaneously to open Task Manager You can see the list of currently running programs. Stop all the programs one by one. Whenever you stop a program, check whether the error code 10050 has been cleared.
- Step 3:When you identify the program that causes the problem, uninstall the specified incompatible software from your device.
Update your Virus protection program
- Step 1:The error code 10050 might have occurred due to a virus infection. You need to update the antivirus software and scan your computer thoroughly.
- Step 2:You can also run Windows updates. When you do so, you will get the latest virus definition. So you can resolve your virus infection issue efficiently.
Check your runtime libraries
- Step 1:Make sure your MS Visual C++ package is installed correctly. If it is not installed correctly, it may lead to few errors.
- Step 2:Uninstall the package and reboot your computer. Then download and install the latest package from Microsoft.
- Step 1:If your system does not have enough space, you may encounter the 10050 error code while running Avast antivirus. You need to fix the error by fixing the storage issue.
- Step 2:Free up some space on your hard drive by backing up your files. Clear all the Cache and reboot your computer.
- Step 3:Right-click on the main directory of your computer (it is usually C: drive) and right-click on Properties. Then select Disc Cleanup.
Reinstall Graphics Driver
- Step 1:If you are encountering the Avast error 10050 due to bad graphics driver, open the Device Manager and select Graphics Driver. Right-click on the video card driver; then choose Uninstall. Restart your computer.
Now, see if the Avast antivirus error 10050 has been fixed.