Avast Antivirus Blocking Windows Update
Avast antivirus is a cross-platform security application that helps you to protect your computer from all kinds of threats. Generally, once the antivirus application is installed on your computer, it prompts you to provide access to all the applications installed on the device. So, when you try to install, update, or uninstall the applications from your computer, the antivirus application may sometimes interfere in the process and throw an error such as unable to install, update, or uninstall. carry out these below-mentioned steps Avast Antivirus blocking Windows update.
- Step 1:The Avast antivirus application blocking Windows Update is a common issue faced by most of the Windows users.
- Step 2:Follow the troubleshooting instructions given below to solve this issue easily.
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, open the Run command dialog box by pressing the Windows and R buttons.
- Step 2:In the Run command window, type the msconfig keyword and press the Enter button.
- Step 3:Now, click the Services tab in the displayed window.
- Step 4:Locate the Microsoft services option and disable it by unticking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 5:After disabling it, disable all other services related to Microsoft.
- Step 6:Click the Apply button, followed by OK.
- Step 7:Wait for the on-screen process to complete.
- Step 8:Once it is completed, restart your Windows computer.
- Step 9:After the restart, once again, perform the Windows update process.
- Step 10:If the error message Update failed is displayed on the screen, try the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
- Step 11:Perform these steps to solve Avast Antivirus blocking Windows update.
- Step 1:Locate and right-click on the Avast antivirus application’s icon.
- Step 2:Select the Open Avast User Interface option.
- Step 3:Now, the Avast User Interface window will open.
- Step 4:Click the Menu tab, followed by the Settings option.
- Step 5:Choose the Troubleshooting option from the Settings section.
- Step 6:Locate and disable the Enable Self Defense option by unchecking its checkbox.
- Step 7:Now, open Windows Update.
- Step 8:Go to the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 section, and click the Fix button.
- Step 9:Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Step 10:Try to update the Windows OS.
- Step 11:By using these steps to solve Avast Antivirus blocking Windows update.