Antivirus For Linux Ubuntu 16.04
Although the Linux-based file systems and mail servers are not easily affected by viruses or malware, a virus may enter your Linux computer while sharing files from other infected Windows computers. Now, hackers and cybercriminals are constantly trying to attack Linux computers. Earlier, this was not the case, where the majority of the attacks were targeted only towards Windows computers. In such cases, you can install an antivirus software on your Linux computer and remove any virus or malware present on your computer. Also, make sure to download the antivirus software only from the trusted source. Carry out these below-mentioned steps on Antivirus for linux Ubuntu 16.04.
If you are searching for an antivirus for Ubuntu 16.4, you can find some of the best antivirus software below.
- Step 1:ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop: It is an anti-malware software with external storage media support features. It is available for Linux, Windows, Android, and Mac operating systems, You can download the 30-day free trial version of ESET NOD32. It entirely protects your Linux computer safe while surfing online. ESET NOD32 provides enhanced protection against viruses, malware, worms, spyware, and ransomware. You can install the Pro version later when needed. You can download the ESET NOD32 antivirus software from the ESET official website.
- Step 2:Avast Security for Linux: Avast Security is one of the most used antivirus software which is being used by about millions of people around the world. Avast is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and Linux computers. It is also compatible with the Ubuntu 16.4 version. The security software is distributed in standard software packages. It is in the form of DEB for Debian/Ubuntu systems. You can visit the Avast website from your web browser and download the antivirus software for Linux.
- Step 3:ClamAV antivirus: It is a command-line scanner that runs a thorough scan to detect viruses and malware. ClamAV is a high-performance scanner to detect viruses. You can run ClamAV on your Linux desktop or server. The antivirus software is capable of scanning multiple file formats and also supports different languages. You can download the ClamAV antivirus software if you are looking for a simple and safe virus scanner.
- Step 4:Sophos antivirus: You can install either the free or paid version of the Sophos antivirus software on your Linux computer. It also has a free scanning tool for Linux computers. It performs real-time scanning to detect Windows and Mac viruses. You can schedule a scan at a specified time using Sophos. If you wish to download the Sophos antivirus, then get it from the Sophos official website.
- Step 5:Comodo antivirus for Linux: Like most other antivirus applications, Comodo also has both free and paid products. This antivirus software also supports multiple operating systems. Go to the official Comodo website and choose your OS to download the software. It provides scheduled scans and keeps your Linux computer safe from viruses. Once you have installed Comodo antivirus software, your computer will be protected from the major threats.
For any other queries regarding antivirus for Linux Ubuntu 16.04, get in touch with our technical support team by clicking on the Call button available on this page.