How To Troubleshoot Antivirus Cloud Uninstall Fails?
Almost all top antivirus applications like Kaspersky, Avast, Norton, etc., provide the cloud-based service to protect data from all kinds of threats. Usually, when you install or uninstall any antivirus software, there are chances for errors to occur.
If the antivirus cloud uninstall fails, then use the troubleshooting steps given here based on your antivirus software.
Kaspersky cloud security:
- Step 1:If you encounter this issue for the first time, then check whether the Kaspersky cloud application is running in the background.
- Step 2:If yes, close Kaspersky and then uninstall it.
- Step 3:If you’re unable to remove Kaspersky from its website or portal, then use the removal tool.
- Step 4:Download the Kavremover tool from the official Kaspersky site.
- Step 5:After downloading the tool, open the setup file on your computer.
- Step 6:Accept the license agreement.
- Step 7:When prompted, select your Kaspersky application and click Remove.
- Step 8:Make sure to enter your product code correctly if prompted.
- Step 9:Once Kaspersky is uninstalled, a pop-up dialog box will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 10:Click OK to close the dialog box. If required, restart your computer.
Avast cloud security:
Like Kaspersky, Avast also has an uninstall utility to remove its software. The Avast utility is avastclear. To know how to fix the antivirus cloud uninstall fails using this utility on Windows, follow the below instructions.
- Step 1:From the official Avast site, download the avastclear.exe utility.
- Step 2:After downloading the utility, boot your Windows computer in Safe Mode and open the utility file.
- Step 3:Select the folder and click Remove.
- Step 4:Now, the Avast software will be uninstalled.
- Step 5:If prompted, restart your Windows computer.
Norton Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud:
Step One: Remove the Symantec agent
- Step 1:Initially, you need to remove the Symantec agent from your computer.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Add and Uninstall Program section.
- Step 3:Select and uninstall Symantec.cloud.
Step Two: Remove your computer from the console
- Step 1:Open the Symantec agent console on your computer.
- Step 2:Go to the Computers tab.
- Step 3:Select your computer from the list.
- Step 4:Click Delete Computer.
Step Three: Run the Norton Removal tool
- Step 1:Download the Norton Removal tool from Norton’s official site and run it on your computer.
- Step 2:Make sure to follow the on-screen instructions correctly.
- Step 3:After uninstalling the tool, make sure to restart your computer.
Now, check if the antivirus software is uninstalled successfully.
If the antivirus cloud uninstall fails again, contact our technical experts.